Terms and conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The terms below govern your use of this website and by accessing this website you agree to be bound by them. If you do not accept these terms, please do not use the website.
We may change these terms at any time without notice by updating the terms shown on this website. It is your responsibility to review the website terms each time you enter the website to ensure you are aware of our latest terms and conditions. Your use of this website after a change has been made signifies your acceptance of the revised terms.
This website is made available free of charge and for personal use only and is not to be used for any commercial purpose.
You may not copy, reproduce or use any material, including third parties material, names and logos, on this website without our express permission. All copyright and intellectual property is reserved.
On occasions BMW Group will incentivise its Retailers with programmes designed to improve their performance.
INFORMATION IN THIS WEBSITE.
Whilst we have made every effort to ensure the information on this website is up to date and accurate you must not rely on any information on this website and we do not accept liability if you do. Always check with us for precise information on vehicle model features, specifications and equipment, and in the case of used vehicles, current mileage details before ordering a vehicle.
Words, images and other content on this website are produced without them making any representation or implying any warranty as to suitability of the product or service, satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose. If you have any doubt as to the suitability of a product or service for your proposed purpose please ask us.
Always check the terms on which any product or service is supplied before making any commitment. Copies of vehicle finance agreements and detailed insurance policies and summaries of cover and other product or service terms are available on request.
We can introduce you to a limited number of lenders who may be able to offer you finance facilities for your purchase. We will only introduce you to these lenders. We may receive a commission payment from the finance provider if you decide to enter into an agreement with them. You may be able to obtain finance for your purchase from other lenders and you are encouraged to seek alternative quotations.
You should seek your own independent financial advice in relation to any taxation or accounting matters referred to on this website.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES.
The provision of details of products and services on this website are not, and should not be construed as, an offer to sell or supply such products or services.
All products and services on this website are subject to availability and may be withdrawn without notice. All products and services and all prices are also subject to change without notice.
All finance and hiring facilities are subject to status and available to companies and persons aged 18 or over in the UK only (excluding the Channel Islands and Isle of Man). Guarantees and indemnities may be required.
All insurance products outlined on this website are administered, underwritten and serviced by carefully selected insurance providers. For all insurance products, certain exclusions and eligibility criteria apply. A full summary of cover and detailed policy terms for each insurance product is available upon request.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR INDIVIDUAL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES.
These website terms should be read in conjunction with the separate terms and conditions for the sale or supply of the individual products or services which are referred to on this website. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and the specific product or service terms and conditions, the latter shall prevail.
ACCESS FROM OUTSIDE THE UK.
The vehicle and product specifications on this website are, unless stated otherwise, for the UK market only. These specifications (including what is optional and what is standard equipment) may vary in other markets. However some vehicle images may be of models supplied in other markets, for example showing left-hand drive, and not reflecting specifications in the UK.
Unless otherwise stated, the finance, leasing and insurance products and services on this website are available only to residents of the UK (excludes the Channel Islands and Isle of Man).
The information and other materials contained in this website may not satisfy the laws in countries outside the UK. If you choose to access this website from outside the UK you are responsible for ascertaining to what extent local laws are applicable and compliance with local laws. Any telephone numbers and charges shown only apply to calls made from within the UK.
Park’s Motor Group* is committed to the protection, safe storage and the appropriate use of any personal information you may choose to share with us.
This statement describes:
- what types of information we collect from you,
- how it is used by us,
- how we share it with others,
- how you can manage the information we hold and
- how you can contact us.
Park’s Motor Group shall always give you the option not to receive marketing communications from us. We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications. We do not sell your information to third parties. We do work closely with our selected partners. Including the manufacturer’s we represent, our finance partners and our peace of mind insurance product provider AutoProtect. These organisations help us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. We will on occasion forward, transfer and or send your information to these organisations in order to facilitate your requests and or instructions.
For example: Park’s Motor Group will forward your personal information to BMW, the DVLA and BMW Financial Services in order to facilitate the purchase of your vehicle. Should you wish to purchase a GAP policy, we will also forward your details to AutoProtect, so that policy can be set up, registered and administered.
The contents of this policy may be amended, reviewed and updated timeously. Therefore, it is our recommendation that you regularly review this page to ensure that you remain satisfied to share your personal information with Park’s Motor Group.
What Information Do We Collect?
We only collect information which is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purposes shown and identified to you.
We collect information about you and or your vehicle when you, purchase, hire, enquire, use, visit Park’s Motor Group, branches, websites, and our After Sales and Parts centres.
We collect the following categories of personal information in order to implement our business objectives and to facilitate the purchase of products and or services that you have indicated.
- Name (including title);
- Phone number, including mobile phone number.
- Date of birth (to ensure that you are eligibility)
- Email address;
- Affordability information
- Vehicle information (including registration number, VIN, service reminders, mileage and warranty repair information, SAT NAV information and in drive analytics and driving style);
- The date and time you used our services;
- The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for;
- The internet browser and devices you are using.
- Details of any transactions between you and us or any authorised repairer;
- Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company contact details (including email addresses), fleet size and company details;
- Select Voice recordings of telephone calls;
- “Live chat” records; and
- Any information within correspondence you send to us.
- Interests, hobbies, and media preferences
How Do We Use This Information?
Park’s Motor Group will only process information that is required for the purpose for which it has been collected.
You will always have the option to unsubscribe from Park’s Motor Group’s (any of its companies and subsidiaries) marketing communications. It is also your option not to receive marketing communications and you can withdraw your consent at any stage. We will not share or sell your personal information with anyone else who may send unsolicited marketing. There are a variety of ways in which we may use, store or process your personal information.
In the circumstances where your consent has been provided, we may use and process your information to:
- Contact you from time to time about promotions, offers, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you from Park’s Motor Group and our manufacturer partners.
- To share your personal information with our third party partners, so that they can contact you with marketing information about their promotions, offers, events, products and services (we will, of course, give you details about these third parties before you give your permission for us to send information to them).
We may use and process your personal information where it is required and or essentialin order to perform or complete a contract (or contractual elements) with you and to fulfil and complete your orders, purchases, services and other transactions entered into with us (or one of our authorised repairers or selected partners).
We may collect, use and process your personal information as detailed below where it is necessary for Park’s Motor Group to carry out actions, processes, services and activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as an organisation to do so.
Processing Necessary To Support Customers With Sales And Other Enquiries
- To respond to customer correspondence (telephone calls, emails, letters, live chats, social media) and to address the instructions and requests made by customers (for example: test drives, service requests, brochure requests or information about specific vehicles);
- To provide vehicle support, aftersales servicing, parts, and services (for example warranty and MOT services);
Processing Necessary For Us To Respond To Understanding Customers’ Needs
- To analyse, assess and improve our products and or services so that your interaction with our website, our members of staff and our branches are more useful and enjoyable, professional and proficient.
- To undertake analysis and research (including contacting you with customer surveys) so that we can better understand you as a customer and provide tailored offers, products and services that we think you will be interested in. We will only send marketing communications to you if you have provided your consent for us to do so or which we have obtained in the ways mentioned within this policy;
- In some cases we may use methods to analyse, combine and evaluate information that you have provided to us. We collect and analyse this information so that we can deliver the most appropriate customer experience and journey to you by tailoring and making appropriate all our service and messages (for example, when your vehicle indicates a service is due);
Processing Necessary For Us To Promote Our Business, Brands And Products, Services And Measure The Effectiveness And Influence Of Our Marketing Campaigns And Strategies.
- To send you marketing information from time to time (where appropriate) after you have purchased a product or service from us or made a purchasing enquiry, closed your browser with items in your shopping basket or requested a test drive, brochure, quotation, valuation or other information of interest. We will only contact you with information about our own products and services (and solely in a manner compliant with the GDPR), which we consider may be amenable to you. The option to object to us sending you these types of information at any time remains with you.
- To contact you from time to time with marketing information (unless you object) if you have expressly indicated to us that you are acting on behalf of a business and or a professional capacity or where we have obtained your business contact details from an online or public business directory. In relation to any such information we send by email or SMS, we will include an option allowing you to object to receiving future messages by unsubscribing;
- To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us;
- To administer competitions and promotions (held and entered into on various platforms, including social media) that you enter with us from time to time and to distribute prizes;
- Processing necessary for Park’s Motor Group to operate the administrative, procedural and technical aspects of our business efficiently effectively and professionally.
- To verify the accurateness of information that we store, process and document about you;
- For network and information security purposes. In order for Park’s Motor Group to take steps to protect and secure your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access;
- To allow Park’s to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights available under the GDPR (for example where you have asked Park’s not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our no contact lists in order to be able to comply with your instruction(s));
- To inform and advise you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
We may and can process your personal information to comply with our legal, legislative and regulatory requirements (for example to registering and taxing your vehicle with the DVLA).
There are certain situations and circumstances in which Park’s Motor Group will require to process your personal information to contact you if there is an urgent, product, service, after sales, MOT related issue, safety or product recall notice and we must inform you of it.
How Do We Share This Information?
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may from time to time release your information to the following categories of companies or organisations to which we pass the responsibility to handle services on our behalf:
- The vehicle manufacturers we represent,
- The finance providers we represent,
- Our insurance product provider,
- Our customer contact centres,
- Mobility and car hire providers,
- Direct marketing communications agencies and consultants,
- Mandatory manufacturer appointed market research and market analytics service providers,
- Our legal and other professional advisors.
We may also share your information with external third party repairers, maintenance and service providers and suppliers in situations where we need to pass your information to them in order to manage any request, instruction or complaint you have made to us. For example, where you have requested a test drive, we will need to share your personal information with a particular manufacturer and branch so that they can contact you to arrange for the test drive to take place.
Third Party Partners
We take steps to ensure that any third party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation, the GDPR and any updates and amendments of said legislation and protect your information to the same standards that we enforce. We only provide personal information that is required for the third party to provide the product and or service that they are undertaking on our and your behalf. We can and have the option to carry out any necessary due diligence checks on our third party partners to assess their data protection preparedness.
There are circumstances where we distribute your information with our Holding Company (or other companies within our Group, including Park’s of Hamilton (Coach Hirers) Limited) in order to fulfil orders, transactions, handle complaints or provide you with a service or information that you have requested. Park’s Motor Group may use your information to provide you with information and carry out their obligations arising from contracts you enter into with them.
For a full list of these manufacturers please visit our website www.parks.uk.com.
We do not transfer any information we hold about you out with the European Union / EEA.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information For?
In general we will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format (physical or electronic) for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a potential relationship.
- If a customer transacted with us, for example bought, hired or leased a product and or service from us, provided consent for marketing our retention period will be 7 years.
- If a customer transacted with us, for example bought a product and or service from us, but did not provide marketing consent our retention period will be 5 Years.
- If a customer does not purchase a product and or service from us, but provides their personal information, in relation to a test drive, brochure, valuation, quotation or any other information application on any of our products or services the retention period will be 18 months. Unless during that period we form a relationship with you. For example, you purchase or lease a vehicle or make use one of our services. We hold your personal information for this period to give us an opportunity to form a relationship with you.
- In addition, we hold your personal information for the aforementioned periods of time to initiate, bring or defend legal matters. Our relationship may end for a numerous reasons including where the vehicle warranty or lease expires, or we have been made aware that you no longer own or drive a particular vehicle.
The only exemptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- Legislation and regulation requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- Where a complaint or concern has been submitted regarding a product or service provided by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 6 years following the date of that complaint or query; or
- You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law
How Can I Manage The Information We Hold About You
You have the right as an individual to access the personal information that we hold about you and make corrections if necessary.You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you.You can also object to us using your personal information(where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days following receipt of any request.
You have the right to:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling (we do not engage in any automated decision making and profiling).
To clarify, the above mentioned rights and how they operate in practice:
- Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- Amend and revise your information;
- Withdraw your consent (where Park’s Motor Group relies on it).
- Challenge our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object;
- Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful,contractual or legitimate reason to continue to use and process that information;
- Transfer your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine readable format), where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract.
Exercise of Rights
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information and consents by contacting us using the details below:
By visiting our website www.parks.uk.com/data-preferences
Post: Park’s Motor Group, Data Protection Officer, 14 Bothwell Road, Hamilton, ML3 0AY.
Email: TCF@parks.uk.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 01698 303 900
If you have any specific data protection concerns or a complaint, you can address it to our Data Protection Team at email@example.com
*Including all of its companies, subsidiaries (inc Coach Hirers) and holding companies.
The Information Commissioner (ICO)
If you are unsatisfied you have the option to submit a complaint with a data protection regulator in a country where you work or live or where your data protection rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are mentioned below:
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Call: 0303 123 1113
Registered Name: Douglas Park
Company Registered Number: 96516
Place of Registration: Scotland
Registered Office Address: Park House, 14 Bothwell Road, Hamilton, ML3 0AY.
VAT Number: 423 9810 50
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Douglas Park Limited is an appointed representative of Park'S Of Hamilton (Holdings) Limited for consumer credit broking and for general insurance mediation. Our Firm Reference Number (FRN) is 417133. Park'S Of Hamilton (Holdings) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, and their FRN is 308476.
BMW (UK) Limited (BMW) is committed to providing products and service of the highest standard. But we do understand that sometimes things can go wrong. If you have a concern or are dissatisfied in any way, we’ll do our best to help resolve the situation in a fair and transparent way.
BMW will investigate all complaints competently, diligently and impartially obtaining additional information as necessary. Every complaint will be assessed fairly, consistently and promptly taking into account all relevant factors to ensure a fair outcome for you.
Step 1: Discussion with your BMW Centre.
If you have a concern with either your vehicle or the service you have received at your BMW Centre, please firstly raise this with the Service Manager or Head of Business at the BMW Centre itself. They are best placed to address your concerns and if required, will contact us directly on your behalf.
Step 2: Contact us.
Should you remain unhappy with your BMW Centre’s response, please contact us by your preferred method from the list below.
Write to us at:
BMW (UK) Limited
Call us on: 0370 5050 160
Calls are charged at the local rate, plus your phone company's access charge.
We're here: 8am - 7pm Monday to Friday
Email us at: email@example.com
What you will need to provide.
To help us investigate and try to resolve your complaint, please provide us with the following information:
- your name and address;
- details of how we can contact you;
- a clear description of your complaint;
- details of what you would like us to do to rectify the situation; and
- if appropriate, copies of any relevant supporting documentation.
Our commitment to you.
We’ll thoroughly investigate your complaint and offer a fair response that will take into account all the information available to us.
We will do our best to resolve your complaint quickly, sending a Summary Resolution Letter if your complaint can be resolved by close of the third business day following receipt. If your complaint relates to our credit broking activities and cannot be resolved by close of the third business day, we will:
- within 5 working days, provide a written acknowledgement of your complaint and give you the details of who is handling the case and how to contact them
- keep you updated on the progress of your complaint, and
- within 8 weeks of receiving your complaint, we will either: write to you with our final response and the reasons for providing this response, or explain why we are not in a position to give you a final response and let you know when we expect to be able to provide it.
In some cases we’ll need to contact your BMW Centre for more information. If appropriate, we may refer the complaint directly to them for information or action.
We may not always provide the answer you are looking for, but we’ll make sure we offer a clear explanation for our decision.
If your complaint relates to a finance agreement with BMW Financial Services, please click below for details on BMW Financial Services’ complaint handling procedure.Find out more
Step 3: What if I remain unhappy with your response?
If you are dissatisfied with either our final response, or the reasons for any delay in providing our final response you may be able to ask the Financial Ombudsman Service for an independent review.
To be able to ask them for an independent review your complaint must be in relation to our credit broking activities that is to say any marketing material or recommendations we make in relation to any finance offers from MINI Financial Services, a trading name of BMW Financial Services (GB) Limited, and you must have given us the opportunity to find a resolution first. You must also be a private individual, or a business, charity or trust with an annual turnover of less than 2 million euros and fewer than 10 employees.
If you wish to pursue your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service you must do so within 6 months from the date on which we send you our final response letter.
The Financial Ombudsman’s details are:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Telephone: 0800 0234 567
You may also raise a complaint with any of the trade bodies listed below.
THE MOTOR OMBUDSMAN.
The Motor Ombudsman is the UK's government-backed, self-regulatory body for the motor industry.
Fully-impartial, it is the first ombudsman to be focused solely on the automotive sector, and self-regulates the UK’s motor industry through its comprehensive Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI)-approved Codes of Practice. BMW is accredited to the Motor Industry Code of Practice for New Cars.
Over 7,500 businesses, are accredited to one or more of the Codes covering new cars, sales, vehicle warranties and servicing and repair. These drive even higher standards of work and service, and give consumers added protection, peace of mind and trust during the vehicle purchase and ownership experience.
The Motor Ombudsman
71 Great Peter Street
Telephone: 0345 241 3008
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION’S ONLINE DISPUTE RESOLUTION SERVICE.
European legislation guarantees consumers:
- fair treatment;
- products which meet acceptable standards;
- a right of redress if something goes wrong.
To help ensure that companies meet the standards set by the European Parliament, consumers now have the right to address their complaint to the European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) Service. For full details please go to: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/